Welcome to Make Web World Podcast. This is Episode 001 which will cover What is Author Rank and if it is just a myth of SEO world or a reality.
Google has been granted a patent for Author Rank in 2009 but nobody has hear anything about it after that. There are indication that google is still considering to implement it.
There is already a lot of discussion happened on the Author rank and many people have declared it dead. But is it really dead or still Google is working towards it?
Below are the topics discussed in this episode:
- Google Patent for Author Rank
- Google Patent for Ranking Authors in Social Media
- Google Authorship Markup
- Social Media Engagement and Data Hub Activity Tracking
- Micro-formats implementation and importance of them
I have also talked about below mentioned terms and provided details but at this point of time they do not make much impact on social media.
- Self similarity score – This should be used in near future
- Niche Analysis – This is a way to rank authors across a niche and giving them authority score for that niche.
- Mention from other authors
Resources And Links Mentioned In This Episode:
3. My Last Blog Post on Author Rank Details
Leave Me A Voicemail:
If you would like to contact me or want to drop a note, you can leave me a voice mail on Speakpipe.
[button link=”https://www.speakpipe.com/Makewebworld” newwindow=”yes”] Leave me a Voicemail[/button]
Hope this episode has helped you in gaining an understanding of Author Rank and will give you some ideas on how to use it for your benefit.
I would love to receive a feedback on the podcast, it can really help me improve the show and make it more useful for the users. Please use the comment section to provide feedback.