Windows Live Writer is a handy tool for offline content writing. If you are using WordPress on your blog, you can configure windows live writer for your blog and write your posts or pages offline.
It provides an option to send posts as a draft or publish it from the tool itself. The good thing is editor, which comes with the tool. It provides all flexibility as Microsoft word like spell correction, hyperlink etc. and remote publishing.
The other benefit is that it download your theme and provide an interface same as your blog to write, so you can see the post as it would have been on your blog even while writing the post. It also allows to schedule the post from the user interface.
If you want to set up Windows live writer for your blog than follow the below steps.
Setup Blog for Windows Live Writer
- Enable XML-RPC Publishing Protocol under Writing setting of your blog.
If you are using Thesis theme than enable the windows live writer support from site option under Thesis theme settings.
Setup Windows Live Writer
Open Windows Live Writer. Click on Options (If you are opening it first time, it will automatically ask to add an account).
- You can click on account to add a blog.
- Enter your blog address, Username and password.
- It will try to detect the settings for your blog, if successful that you are ready for writing offline content.
- If it is not able to detect the settings automatically then it will allow you to do the setting manually.
Once you are done you can write new blog post or new pages from the live writer and save it locally till you work on them.
It allows you to work on multiple blogs, so you can configure all of your blogs and write posts on it from there.
Video Guide for Setting up Windows Live Writer for WordPress
Hope you would have liked the post and enjoy using windows live writer with WordPress blog.