Given the changing need to be closer to customers and be more responsive to their needs, website speed, besides content and relevance, is becoming an important factor to make it to top of search engine results.
Google has started building the website speed parameters into the search result algorithms. This has made many website companies, owners and enterprises of big websites sit up and take note.
It is becoming crucial to their success that they maintain the website speed and its smooth working. However, how does one check the website speed to ensure that Google does not miss your website in the search results?
Some of the best free tools to check the website speed is listed below:
- Pingdom Tools: The website tests the individual WebPages and lets the user know which ones are slow and influencing the overall performance of the website.
- Free Speed test: This website and its speed-checking tool allow you to monitor and track your website performance and speed across various locations on the globe.
- Load Impact: Load Impact allows the user to check their website speed result but once you are registered others won’t be able to check your website’s performance. Simple analysis results are free on the website, as is with most professionals; expensive and high level analysis is paid.
- Aptimize: This is perhaps a great tool to enhance your website speed, since it helps businesses speed up their website speed online. Log in and register to make your website faster.
- Web page test: Allows the business to check speed at a specific location and helps in analyzing multi-step transactions, uploading of photos, videos and content blocking.
- iWeb Tool: It is a simple tool to check the speed of your website or multiple pages at once and is free. This means saving time since you don’t have to check each link independently.
- Web Site Load Testing: This website from the business house of Neustar allows you to check your website’s performance during peak hours. They help remove bottlenecks and troubleshoot other speed issues.
- GTMetrix: With its user interactive interface, it allows you to test the speed, save your data, monitor your URLs across various locations on a regular basis.
- Show Slow: This is an open source server application. It allows the website owner to monitor a URL and can be used to perform checks publicly as well as privately. It captures results from 3 other websites. This requires registration as it’s not a free tool.
- Octagate: The website allows you to analyze how much time it takes to download content from your website. This allows you to see, analyze and check through a meaningful graph which content is impacting website speed and performance.
- Page Speed Online: This page allows you to test the web page and gives you an insight of how you can make your web page faster and ensure page load times.
- Browser Mob: You can use the tool introduced by the company to test the speed of your website for free. It offers an analysis of various kinds of important speeds and aspects of your websites.
These are some basic and free tools that allow one to check the website speed and improve on the various aspects that are keeping your website from performing at par and making it to the top.
[box]Author: Ryan Holding is an enthusiast blogger working with the team at assistedreputation.com providing useful guidance in better promotion of the websites.[/box]